Friday, December 23, 2011

The Beginning of Advising Startups

Earlier this year I started advising startups during my free time and in the evenings after work. I started this after I was initially interested in learning more about the tech and early-stage healthcare scene in Chicago. I began by attending a few meetup events, tech pitches and startup accelerator events, where I met several very talented and passionate entrepreneurs that often had terrific ideas but were going after new businesses on their own and I noticed they could really benefit from the help of an outside, objective perspective. I expressed interest in helping out anyway I could and often kept in touch in the event they ever needed anything.

Now I enjoy providing feedback and guidance on business plans, pitches, financial projections, and introducing promising start-ups to investors and the VC community. I’m always on the lookout for new startups to work with and advise, so if you’re in the initial stages of starting your own company or building on your idea, feel free to reach out and we can discuss it further.

No comments:

Post a Comment