Monday, May 28, 2012

Adventures in India


For the past 5 years, I’ve made it a goal to travel to at least one new country every year. Not only is traveling to new countries a great opportunity to learn about new cultures, see amazing sites, taste unique foods, appreciate beautiful art and history, but it also provides a great way to get very close to the people you are traveling with, since often times you are put in difficult situations which help you learn a great deal about each other’s personalities and values.

This year my trip to India was one of those experiences I will never forget. We visited five cities over 10 days, saw over 40 different tourist sites, and tried over 60 delicious Indian specialties. My good friend, who I traveled with, summarized our trip best:  "When I think back on the last 10 days in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Goa, & Mumbai, I can't help but smile.  A big smile. We saw the breathtaking Taj Mahal and many other beautiful structures, rode elephants to the Amber Fort, experienced the wonderful juxtaposition of tradition and modernity that is India, hiked to pristine beaches, watched snake charmers, took a boat to explore cave carvings from the 5th century, visited bustling temples, were chased by wild pigs, tried many delicious new foods (and some not so great ones!), and learned so many new things about a close friend.”

I’m also grateful that this trip gave me a chance to re-connect with my passion for photography. I’ve always said that if I were to drop everything, then the one thing I would want to do would be to travel around the world taking beautiful photos. Here are some of my favorite pictures in India that will remind me of all our great adventures:
















No comments:

Post a Comment